Next Meeting: Feb 24th, 11:30-4:00
Location: Boise City Hall, 150 N Capitol Blvd, Greenbelt Room (3rd Floor)
• SWIG organizations round-robins (please contact to participate)
• Horrocks Engineers presentation – Python Tools
• City of Meridian presentation - SQL Spatial Your Backend GIS
• Sharon Anderson ACHD presentation - Collector App
• Tom Toronto GIS – NOVOTX an asset management software for smaller municipalities/agencies (tentative)
• ESRI presentation - on Esri’s web platform (Portal, Server, AGOL, etc
Presenters should send the name of the presenter, title of the presentation and a brief summary of the presentation as well as a brief biography of the presenter, to the chair of the planning committee using the email address or phone number below.
Presentations are normally 10 to 40 minutes in length.
(Random Tips or Tools presentations something you might use every day are always welcome)
April Wing - City of Boise Public Works / 208-395-7825 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Python for the Non-Programmer: A Basic Introduction to Python for ArcGIS
Training (No Cost): Feb 24th, 8:00 - 11:00
Location: Boise City Hall, 150 N Capitol Blvd, Enterprise Training Room (2nd Floor)
TRAINING IS FULL-you can register to be on the wait list. You will be notified via email if there is an opening.
* The training center can only accommodate 10 desk-top computer stations and additional 3 spaces for people with laptops.
Python for the Non-Programmer: A Basic Introduction to Python for ArcGIS - Gateway Mapping, Inc. / J-U-B Engineers, Inc.
Abstract: In this training we’ll be starting with the basic concepts of Python and will gradually work our way towards the first steps to building useful scripts within the context of the Esri ArcPy Python Module. Come prepared and excited to get on a path towards automating and simplifying your GIS workflows with Python!
Prerequisite: If you bring your own laptop
PyScripter - https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyscripter/
Special Note: Due to the limited seating for this one-day only training, participants will be decided on a first come first served basis through Survey Monkey below.