- We now have a full 11 board members. Montana is now represented by 2, yes 2 board members!
- We have a number of committees that we’ve created and each is working on improving your organization.
- Election: working on better communication and going digital (some of this requires by-law changes)
- Membership: defining membership and benefits so you know why you want to be a member
- By-law review: the by-laws need to be updated and clarified some
- Web page: an active team has moved it to a better server (which you don’t see) and a doing a full redesign. This will be a place to go for information and connections.
- Brown bags: we’re starting to sponsor smaller sessions around the northwest. Got an idea? Give us a shout!
- We have four of our board members working directly with URISA on making the Portland conference a big success
- We also have a number of other topics on our plate such as a scholarship fund, a committee on publicity, annual awards for leading GIS advocates. We just need time and people to get these going.
The 2011 NWGIS Conference Attendees Map map is interactive, zoom in/out, click on the pins to get details on the attendees to the conference. You can view the map online at http://boise2011.nwgis.org/community
To recreate this map (or your own simple map):
- Scroll to the bottom of the community list at http://boise2011.nwgis.org/community and click on the small orange ‘csv’ button – save the file ”community.csv” to your desktop
- Browse to ArcGIS Explorer Online http://explorer.arcgis.com and start a New Map
- Click on the Add Content button (button with + sign), click on “import” and select CSV
- Browse to the ‘community.csv’ file you just saved, click next and then import
You know have a map with all the currently registered attendees to the 2011 NWGIS conference.