- Plan and execute GIS Projects.
- Designs and analyzes spatial and relational databases.
- Builds spatial data layers, designs and produces thematic maps.
- Work in an ArcGIS, Microsoft SQL Server and Web programming team.
- Work closely with IDWR data managers and IT staff to provide GIS solutions to streamline water right processing and hydrologic analysis.
- Knowledge of GIS including analysis, data capture, data conversion and cartographic principles.
- Demonstrated experience programming with Python, C#, and / or Java Script.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems.
- Experience in planning, designing and implementing GIS projects and preparing reports of findings.
- Experience operating, managing, and customizing ESRI software products in a work environment.
- Experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience using source control, MVC pattern and experience using build servers.
- Experience with project management and prioritization of multiple projects and deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment utilizing a common framework of object-oriented database and development tools, and conduct frequent interaction and communication with GIS / IT management.
- Display an innovative approach to solving problems using open source and existing programs.