Please mark your calendar and plan to join us in Boise, Idaho October 9-13, 2017 for the 32nd annual Northwest GIS User Group Conference. Photo credit visitboise on instagram.
Northwest GIS User Group – GIS Teaching Grant 2016
One of the goals of the Northwest (NW) GIS User Group is to foster and support GIS education in our region. Due to the financial success of the past several Northwest GIS conferences that we have hosted, our organization can now offer, on a one year pilot basis, a GIS teaching grant of up to $5,000.
The purpose of the grant: Provide a GIS educator with funds to pursue limited research or to provide a unique training experience for one of their courses. At this time, since this grant proposal is a one‐year trial, we are receptive as to the type of funding requests that we receive.
We will evaluate each grant request using the following non‐ranked criteria:
- Number of GIS students that are impacted
- Length of time; Is this a one year opportunity or an ongoing effort
- Is the NW GIS grant request part of a collaborative funding request
- Amount of funding requested
- Sustainability over time
A mobile agenda web application is now available for 2014 NWGIS User Conference.
Use the app to:
- Search for sessions and other conference events
- View detailed session information
- Find session and other conference event locations on the interactive map
- Save and manage your favorite sessions for the week
- Find your current location (requires browser geo-location)
- Stay up to date on any session changes
- View a photo of a room so you know what to look for
Full conference registration is $400. Half Day registration $250.
ENTER YOUR BEST POSTER/MAP, SHOWCASE YOUR WORK AND WIN GREAT PRIZES!
Inspire your colleagues with your fascinating projects and have the opportunity to win great prizes!
Categories in this year’s contest include: BEST CARTOGRAPHIC DESIGN, BEST PROBLEM SOLVING, BEST PUBLIC SERVICE, and a SPATIAL CHOICE AWARD!
First and Second Place prizes will be given out in all four categories! Submit a poster!