Registration for the 2016 Northwest GIS User Group Conference is now open and available on the NWGIS website. This year's conference is being held at the Salem Convention Center in Salem, Oregon. Pre-conference workshops are October 17-18, 2016 and the full conference is October 19-21, 2016. This year's conference theme is "Bridging the Gap." Our session themes offer five lenses to illuminate where we are and where we want to be.
Please mark your calendar and plan to join us in Bremerton, Washington October 29 - November 1, 2018 for the 33nd annual Northwest GIS User Group Conference. Photo credit Kitsap Conference Center.
Northwest GIS User Group – GIS Teaching Grant 2016
One of the goals of the Northwest (NW) GIS User Group is to foster and support GIS education in our region. Due to the financial success of the past several Northwest GIS conferences that we have hosted, our organization can now offer, on a one year pilot basis, a GIS teaching grant of up to $5,000.
The purpose of the grant: Provide a GIS educator with funds to pursue limited research or to provide a unique training experience for one of their courses. At this time, since this grant proposal is a one‐year trial, we are receptive as to the type of funding requests that we receive.
We will evaluate each grant request using the following non‐ranked criteria:
- Number of GIS students that are impacted
- Length of time; Is this a one year opportunity or an ongoing effort
- Is the NW GIS grant request part of a collaborative funding request
- Amount of funding requested
- Sustainability over time
A mobile agenda web application is now available for 2014 NWGIS User Conference.
Use the app to:
- Search for sessions and other conference events
- View detailed session information
- Find session and other conference event locations on the interactive map
- Save and manage your favorite sessions for the week
- Find your current location (requires browser geo-location)
- Stay up to date on any session changes
- View a photo of a room so you know what to look for