If you represent a small, medium or large business, you have a couple of great opportunities to sponsor and attend different Northwest GIS User Group events and obtain excellent exposure for your business.
Please mark your calendar and plan to join us in Bremerton, Washington October 29 - November 1, 2018 for the 33nd annual Northwest GIS User Group Conference. Photo credit Kitsap Conference Center.
- We now have a full 11 board members. Montana is now represented by 2, yes 2 board members!
- We have a number of committees that we’ve created and each is working on improving your organization.
- Election: working on better communication and going digital (some of this requires by-law changes)
- Membership: defining membership and benefits so you know why you want to be a member
- By-law review: the by-laws need to be updated and clarified some
- Web page: an active team has moved it to a better server (which you don’t see) and a doing a full redesign. This will be a place to go for information and connections.
- Brown bags: we’re starting to sponsor smaller sessions around the northwest. Got an idea? Give us a shout!
- We have four of our board members working directly with URISA on making the Portland conference a big success
- We also have a number of other topics on our plate such as a scholarship fund, a committee on publicity, annual awards for leading GIS advocates. We just need time and people to get these going.
Call for volunteers
The 2011 NWGIS Conference Attendees Map map is interactive, zoom in/out, click on the pins to get details on the attendees to the conference. You can view the map online at http://boise2011.nwgis.org/community
To recreate this map (or your own simple map):
- Scroll to the bottom of the community list at http://boise2011.nwgis.org/community and click on the small orange ‘csv’ button – save the file ”community.csv” to your desktop
- Browse to ArcGIS Explorer Online http://explorer.arcgis.com and start a New Map
- Click on the Add Content button (button with + sign), click on “import” and select CSV
- Browse to the ‘community.csv’ file you just saved, click next and then import
You know have a map with all the currently registered attendees to the 2011 NWGIS conference.