Registration for the 2016 Northwest GIS User Group Conference is now open and available on the NWGIS website. This year's conference is being held at the Salem Convention Center in Salem, Oregon. Pre-conference workshops are October 17-18, 2016 and the full conference is October 19-21, 2016. This year's conference theme is "Bridging the Gap." Our session themes offer five lenses to illuminate where we are and where we want to be.
- New Directions: Where we’re going
- The more things change, the more they keep changing. GIS-related tools and technologies just arriving on scene and what’s on the horizon. Help find the sweet spot between old school and hype.
- Projects & Studies: What we’re doing
- Show your work. Case studies, analyses, tools, and other products that illustrate how we are putting technologies to work to answer critical questions - and lessons learned along the way.
- Goals & Strategies: The why and how
- Setting goals for the geospatial community, agencies, and programs. Policy development, management challenges, and strategies for success, such as nailing the value proposition, strategizing and prioritizing efforts, building momentum and partnerships.
- Careers: Who we are
- The geospatial workforce is changing. Resources, strategies, and tips for GIS Professionals and job-seekers to build their skills and find the right job. How to match talent to task in recruitments and contracting.
- Design & Delivery: Style points!!
- From cartography to software interfaces, how and why design - and medium - matters.
Learn more, see all the offerings, and register at the NWGIS website.