Clark County Washington lies just north of the Portland-Metro area, an area known for its beauty and recreational opportunities. Clark County’s enterprise GIS is critical in providing excellent, cost effective services to our citizens. The position of GIS Analyst/Developer works in a collaborative team environment to evaluate processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement GIS based solutions that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of local government. The primary responsibility of this position will be integration of GIS with local government systems. Integration will include automating database integration, developing database maintenance workflows, and improved efficiency through better data visualization solutions. The position requires the ability to develop solutions using ESRI-related development tools as well as advanced skills in GIS analysis and cartography. Apply to be a part of a dynamic team devoted to improving our community!
Requires at least two years of experience with Esri’s ArcGIS software plus a Bachelor's degree with major coursework in computer science, geography, or related field. The degree must have been conferred by an institution of higher education and have National Recognition of Accrediting Agencies by the U.S. Secretary of Education, and official transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
The ideal candidate will have the following strengths:
- Expertise performing GIS analysis, GIS data management, and production of high-quality cartographic products using ArcGIS 10.x and ArcGIS Pro.
- Knowledge of the capabilities of the ArcGIS Platform and the flexibility to learn and stay current with technology.
- Development experience within a GIS environment using scripting languages including Python.
- Familiarity developing on the .NET Platform.
- Ability to identify and automate workflows.
- Relational database management skills relating to GIS systems, preferably SQL Server.
- Ability to lead projects through all phases of a development life cycle in an agile environment.
- Strong communication skills, ability to gather and document project requirements, and capable of defending and presenting solutions to a diverse community.
- A proactive self-starter who has the ability to work under multiple conditions and seeks to provide solutions with creative flexibility
Knowledge of: GIS analysis, data visualization, software programming and customization, business analysis, and project management.
Ability to: integrate commercial software applications such as permitting, assessment and taxation, or document management systems with GIS; design and develop intuitive, consistent and extensible GIS solutions; work well within a team environment; evaluate, learn and apply newer technologies; communicate directly and effectively with clients, end users, and technical staff during all phases of application design and development.
Cover Letter and Resume: In addition to the Clark County application, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume detailing their experience in the areas mentioned above.
Salary Grade: M2.824 ($5,897.00 - $8,331.00) per year