Are you looking to up your GIS game and contribute to the profession? A board position has opened for the NWGIS User Group. The board is in strong need of representatives from Oregon and Idaho.
Board Member duties and expectations
- General Duties – The role of a board member is to serve the members of the Northwest GIS User Group. Make sure NWGIS is helping GIS practitioners have opportunities to learn and grow. Board members help govern the financial, ethical, legal, and logistical aspects of conferences and other activities hosted by NWGIS.
- Board Meetings – 1 hour a month. Typically, this is a conference call on the first Thursday of each month from 1:00-2:00 (Pacific) / 2:00-3:00 (Mountain).
- Conferences – Commitments vary depending on availability, expertise, and interest. Board members do not have to be conference planners. Some board members occasionally participate on the planning team. At a minimum, when attending a NWGIS conference, board members may be called on to provide ad-hoc assistance (i.e. serve as moderators, provide expertise/input on special situations, some setup and breakdown).
- Other Events – Board members may lead or participate in other activities like the Esri UC meetup, workshops, and grant programs. The time and effort investment varies by board member.
- Duration – Board membership is a minimum four-year commitment
Submit your application at: Application Form
Applications are due by Oct 8, 2021