Senior GIS Analyst/GIS System Manager
Posted: 6/18/2020, Closes: Open until filled
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of the Coeur d’Alene Tribe’s GIS Manager, performs professional technical work in the acquisition and maintenance of digital data of high complexity. Work requires independent judgment in managing multiple priorities and in coordinating work activities to meet established schedules and goals. Duties include specific tasks within seven areas of responsibility:
(1) GIS system and database design/creation and maintenance
(2) Project coordination
(3) Application development
(4) Client services
(5) Geo-spatial product production
(6) GPS technology usage
More details: https://www.cdatribe-nsn.gov/hr/job/2020-025/
Compensation $14-$19 /hr
Under the general direction of the Coeur d’Alene Tribe’s GIS Manager and the Senior GIS Analyst, the incumbent performs technical work in the acquisition, maintenance and dissemination of digital geographic data of any complexity received from multiple resources. Work requires setting priorities and coordinating work activities to meet schedules. Duties include specific tasks within seven areas of responsibility:
(1) Finding, gathering, inputting and outputting data in a variety of usable formats
(2) Maintenance of existing data by means of direct editing and spatial analysis
(3) ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal map and app development for the group and other programs within the Tribe
(4) Cartographic production in paper and digital formats
(5) Maintenance of the GI SProgram budgets
(6) Installation and support of ArcGIS Desktop software for users outside the GIS Program
More details: https://www.cdatribe-nsn.gov/hr/job/2020-026/
Job Title - GIS TECHNOLOGY ANALYST
Company - Kitsap County
Salary - $71,323.20 - $100,755.20 Annually
Job Type - Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Department - Information Services
Location - Port Orchard, WA
Information Services is the central information technology hub for Kitsap County, located in the County Courthouse. The group provides technology infrastructure, development, support and network solutions to all County departments and some other local government entities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a GIS Technology Analyst on our team. The incumbent will be responsible for providing professional and technical expertise to customers and staff members in the areas of geographic information systems, application and database development, report writing, configuration, upgrades, program/system testing, implementation and maintenance, training, documentation, systems integration and geographical/spatial administration. We are looking for a candidate with knowledge in structured design and programming methodology, current industry standard computer programming languages, and software and database systems. The ideal candidate will have skill in project management, problem solving, systems and needs analysis, and the ability to determine how business needs translate to technology solutions.
Required Education and Experience:
Asset Management Administrator
The City of Lynnwood is seeking a collaborative, inquisitive, team player to join their Public Works Department as an Asset Management Administrator. This is a brand, new position within the City of Lynnwood! The Asset Management Administrator will play an integral role in a busy, fast-paced environment with a group that continuously strives to exceed our customers' expectations.
Using the Cartegraph asset management program to track Lynnwood's Public Works assets, which include water, sewer, stormwater, and streets assets, the Administrator will own and manage all the City's infrastructure data, keeping it current as the many new projects in Lynnwood add assets. The Administrator will also serve as Public Work's central coordinator for tracking capital assets in the City's financial system.
More information about this job opportunity can be found at:
Windward Environmental LLC is seeking a GIS specialist to join a busy, team-oriented environmental consulting business working on complex, multidisciplinary projects. The successful candidate will be proficient in using in Esri ArcGIS software and have experience mapping and analyzing environmental datasets. Excellent time management, teamwork, and communication skills are essential and will be evaluated in the selection process. Other skills and experience to be considered as part of the selection process will include:
The ideal candidate will be prepared to support both large and small projects for clients from private industry; local, state, and federal governments; and ports. The position is in our Seattle, Washington, office.
Requirements: 2-4 years of related environmental consulting experience. Technical and operational proficiency solving problems of moderate complexity. Evidence of strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. Evidence of ability to work effectively in a setting where excellent teamwork is essential.
Windward offers competitive salary and benefits packages and the opportunity to work in a collegial atmosphere with nationally known scientists and engineers. Windward is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V). To apply for this position at Windward, please email a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
AgReserves Inc. (AgriNorthwest)
Location: Kennewick, WA
Job Type: Full-time
AgReserves is seeking an enthusiastic Geographic Information Systems Analyst to join our highly collaborate GIS team. This is a practical, hands-on position using GIS tools to produce cartographic products for the broad needs of our agriculture and land-based company. The GIS Analyst works with other departments to identify GIS needs which includes digitally maintaining fields, roads, legal deeds, and water-related data sets. A successful Analyst fulfills customer requests well while maintaining corporate process strategy and standards. This position will primarily support our AgriNorthwest entities and be based in Kennewick, WA
See additional details at: https://www.agreserves.com/Jobs/GISAnalyst-AGNW.pdf
City of Kennewick
2019 Monthly Salary Ranges:
Level I: $5,474 - $7,663
Level II: $6,302 - $8,823
Department: Information Technology
See additional details at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kennewick/jobs/2635946/it-software-support-analyst-i-ii-gis
Salary - $5,517.33 - $6,706.35 Monthly
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Department: Community Development
Job Number: 2019-00012
See additional details at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mukilteo/jobs/2587645/gis-coordinator
GIS Technician II
City of Nampa, Idaho
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Create, update and maintain geographic information system (GIS) datasets and related files; Provide technical assistance and support to users regarding data maintenance procedures, GIS software support and map generation for the City of Nampa infrastructure, services and geographic features; performs related work as assigned.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
The principal function of an employee in this class is to create, update, and maintain geographic information system (GIS) datasets and related files. Technicians at this level must be able to provide technical assistance and support to users including data maintenance procedures, GIS software support and map product generation. Technicians at this level receive a variety of assignments that require the application of the full range of GIS principles, methods and techniques. The incumbent must exercise sound judgment when executing this technical work, which requires good knowledge of computer mapping and related technology. Technicians are primarily concerned with base map dataset maintenance and general map production. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of an assigned supervisor, but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with the assigned supervisors, other City employees, contract engineers, vendors and the public. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment with occasional trips to various construction sites throughout the City.
For Full Job Description, Position Qualifications and Application Instructions please visit:
Cowlitz PUD GIS Technician
First Review of applicants September 17, 2019. To apply visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cowlitzpud
Business Unit :
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide mapping and facility asset management for the District’s GIS using the District’s ArcMap/ArcFM based Geographic Information System (GIS) and work order management systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The GIS Technician will routinely and independently perform, with technical and policy guidance on basic, unusual or complex problems, the following:
· Assist in the maintenance of the District's specialized and dedicated GIS, work design, and work order management software and integrated systems.
· Follow GIS department system procedures.
· Maintain and validate the data integrity and accuracy of the District's GIS and work order management systems with respect to easement information, customer data, electrical facilities and equipment by reconciling, editing, and entering information gathered from various District documents, processes, employees and outside agencies. May involve mapping research in the field or in the office. Enter new map data using hard copy graphics, such as asbuilts, CAD drawings, or digitally created job maps as well as through digitizing and data entry.
· Support the District’s electric distribution analysis by creating, modifying, and updating the electric database network model and generating reports using the District’s analysis processes, queries, scripts and models.
· Produce, develop and deliver map products and related documents as requested for all departments. Demonstrated abilities to operate a variety of related equipment, such as digital camera and GPS unit.
· Assist in the improvement of process workflow, manpower efficiencies, and software utilization for system management. May assist in research, evaluation, and further development of integrated data management systems.
· Work cooperatively and jointly with personnel from all departments and outside agencies.
· Performs tasks as assigned by GIS Supervisor to help the Engineering business unit meet District goals and expectations.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be able to pass post offer background check.
· Must have a valid Driver’s license and be able to drive safely in all-weather/road conditions.