This fall, the Northwest GIS User Group (NWGIS) has teamed up with URISA and the Northern Rockies Chapter of URISA to host GIS-Pro in Boise. This national GIS conference is making its way back to the Pacific Northwest.
Do you enjoy teaching or presenting? NWGIS is soliciting pre-conference workshops for the 2022 GIS-Pro Conference. Topics can be related to any geospatial or related subject relevant to the modern GIS professional.
- Boise, Idaho – Boise Centre on the Grove
- Pre-conference Workshops (Sun, Oct 2 – Mon, Oct 3)
- Conference – (Tue, Oct 4 – Thu, Oct 6)
- Workshops must be in-person and conducted at the Boise Centre conference center.
- NWGIS promoted workshops must not conflict with, but can complement, the URISA Certified Workshops. The URISA workshops have not been solidified but could include any of the following listed here: Call for URISA Workshop Proposals | URISA
- Coffee/tea service is provided for morning and afternoon breaks. Lunch service is not provided.
- Instructors can leverage their own equipment (i.e. laptop, projector). Any equipment that the conference team supplies will be deducted from the payment to the instructor.
- All financial transactions are being handled by URISA conference leads.
- Wi-Fi is available, and table/chair setups will be provided.
If you are interested in conducting a workshop, send your information to: Linda Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The submission deadline is March 15, 2022.
Submission Information Required
- How long is your workshop?
- ½ day (4 hours)
- 1 day (8 hours)
- 1 ½ or 2 day (12 – 16 hours)
- How many students can you accommodate (30 people max)?
- Do you have a minimum attendance?
- Workshop Title
- Brief Description
- Please list a few learning objectives for the workshop or training.
- Course pre-requisites – List any knowledge students are expected to have or any software/hardware students need to provide.
- Instructor Name(s)
- Format – Is this is a lecture-only workshop, hands-on, or both?
- Hardware – Is there equipment the conference needs to supply (i.e., projector, instructor laptop, student laptops)?
- Costs: What is the price per student you need?
- Other logistics or concerns.
The conference workshop committee will review submissions. You may be contacted by NWGIS to work out additional details.