State of Washington
Dept. of Social and Health Services invites applications for the position of:
DSHS RDA Senior GIS Application Developer
SALARY: $82,992.00 - $108,912.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 09/17/19 CLOSING DATE: 10/17/19 11:59 PM DESCRIPTION:
The DSHS Enterprise Geographic Information System team is currently accepting applications for a Senior GIS Application Developer in Olympia, WA.
The DSHS mission of transforming lives is a commitment that is the foundation of all the work done in the Research and Data Analysis (RDA) division. Our division is innovative, with a solid state and national reputation for doing work that matters. The DSHS Enterprise GIS team, provides technical leadership and shared GIS resources for the agency's geospatial platform, data, and solutions that support location analytics, data, address correction, and geocoding needs. We are a team of highly motivated, intelligent, collaborative, and diverse professionals.
DSHS Enterprise GIS mission is to provide shared resources that support agency maps, address correction, geocoding, and location analytic needs. As Senior GIS Application Developer, you will support DSHS administrations by gathering technical information, documenting, architecting, designing, and developing custom IT solutions that use GIS technology and geospatial data.
To be successful in this role, you will need to utilize your extensive GIS developer expertise and hands-on experience documenting, communicating, designing, and developing multi-user solutions or applications using ArcGIS Enterprise.
Some of what you'll do
- • Design, and maintain a secure Enterprise GIS platform architecture that complies with federal, state, and agency laws and policies so that DSHS and partner agencies can analyze, visualize, and present their location-based data
- • Provide on-going consultation to management regarding the Enterprise GIS platform availability, upgrades, and enhancements
- • Evaluate new software products, document characteristics, and recommend those which align with applicable federal, state, and agency laws and policies
- • Work with project managers and developers to ensure their systems integrate seamlessly with the Enterprise GIS platform
- • Serve as a technical mentor, coach, and trainer to others regarding geospatial data, location analytics, and application development
- • Write technical documentation for all significant work performed
Who should apply
Professionals with a BA/BS in Geography, GIS, Computer Science or related field that includes 9 semester or 15 quarter hours of computer science courses; and 10 years of experience integrating large, complex, geographic data systems
An MA/MS in Geography, GIS, Computer Science or related field; and 8 years of experience integrating large, complex, geographic data systems
Along with (can be concurrent with above experience):
- • Five years of experience performing spatial analysis with GIS software
- • Four years of experience working with relational database management systems and related query languages
- • Two years of experience designing and implementing ArcGIS Enterprise or similar web- based GIS server technology
- • Two years of experience with web-based management of GIS services
An ideal applicant for this opportunity will also have:
- • Experience working with ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Desktop products
- • Experience with networks, security, IIS configuration
- • Experience using current versions of SQL Server
- • Experience working with address correction and geocoding tools and processes
- • Experience using Visual Studio, TFS or DevOps Services, and version control systems such as Git
- • Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and services
- • Current GISCI GISP or URISA GISPro certification
Interested? Please upload resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references with your application. Your cover letter should describe how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive applicant for this opportunity.
Questions about this opportunity? Please contact DSHS Recruiter by email or at (360) 725-5885 and reference job number 09262.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
DSHS RDA Senior GIS Application Developer Supplemental Questionnaire
- * 1. Do you possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Geography, GIS, Computer Science or related field?
- * 2. From the options below, please indicate all experience that you possess. Please select all that apply.
Five years of experience performing spatial analysis with GIS software
Four years of experience working with relational database management systems and related query languages
Two years of experience designing and implementing ArcGIS Enterprise or similar web- based GIS server technology
Two years of experience with web-based management of GIS services None of the above applies to me